Blinking Cute Box Cat -->

Friday 10 May 2019

I Am Not Unikitty!

Hello lovely friends 😍

Today, I'd like to address an elephant in the room (and no, it's not Elefox this time)




There's been some concern that I "ripped off" The Lego Movie by basically using their cute and funny character, Unikitty. You know her.... 


She is delightfully silly, with a temper attached.  However, when I created UniCAT in the Spring of 2017, I hadn't even watched The Lego Movie yet, and didn't even know about Unikitty until later. 

To be honest, my heart sank a little when I first saw her, since I already knew there'd be accusers once they saw my creation's random and unintentional similarity. Sure enough, I've already been blocked on facebook from sharing certain Zoo'd Animal Hybrid Friends content, and that's one of the reasons why - someone's reported me as making "knock off" characters, so today, I'd like to clear that up for everyone 😄


Let's look now at Unicat, and then we will compare features: 




Okay, now looking at my original digital illustration from 2017, let's compare the two girl cats:

  • Both are pink, yes. However, Unicat's whole face is pink, while Unikitty has a large white patch. 
  • Unicat is more rounded and soft.  Unikitty is all square and pointy, since she is a Lego toy.
  • In some images, Unikitty has a tail, which I believe is all blue like her horn. Unicat's tail is a beautiful fluffy rainbow! SQUEEE!
  • Unicat's horn is golden and shiny; Unikitty's horn is blue plastic. 
  • If you look at their feet, you'll see Unikitty's feet are like that of a unicorn, more like hooves. Unicat's feet are feline ones, complete with toe beans in some images! SQUEE! Toe Beans! 🐾
  • Their eyes are different sizes (though both are technically "kawaii").

Anyhow, I've very disheartened that people out there would assume and accuse over something like this, considering that their similar is accidental (and quite frankly, Unicat is more snuggly!) 

So if you know of anyone who has reported this accidental similarity, please let me know so I can take proper legal action where it's required.  



*Legal rights to Unikitty (name, image and reference) belong to Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and legal rights to Unicat belong to Daryl A. DeRoche-Januszewski (name, image and reference). 





🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 🐾 

Check out the Limited Edition stickers for new Patrons - a thank you for showing support! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blinking Cute Box Panda Blinking Cute Box CatBlinking Cute Box Cat